If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fourteen
Camp. Its Special Celebration Camp for my students..the first one of their kind complete with waterbottle rocketships, monster masks and a bamboo fire song to start the day. Planning it was challenging. Getting it started was eventful. Directing it, taking part in it, and trying to control behavior and children was stressful. Reflecting back on it, with all the hurt, frustration and challenge, I would do it all again to see the smiles on my kids faces, and hear the laughter erupt from their tummies. It was a learning experience for me. Camp itself was great….kids were there, volunteers were there, parents were there. However I think I lost part of myself in the present because I took on too much, once again. Because of that I wasn’t as happy as I normally am, and it showed, and I regret that. However I did learn that I am relied on, looked up to, a leader, a teacher, I am educated. I can make decisions and lead others with those decisions. I am stronger because I was broken down and I am wiser because I have gone through it. I am thankful that I had so much responsibility, because it means people think that I can handle it. And that’s exactly what this camp has taught me…that I can handle anything life throws at me..and its good to be challenged, and its good to struggle, and I just want to learn how to smile through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment