If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

OWOW

Thirty 8
I’ve decided that if you can teach kids about gravity and the solar system in a language that you are pretty much a master. And that I am ;) I think that teaching this topic was and will be one of my favorite memories of the school and this place. Having the kids act out planets, write in big in small letters, sign big, sign small, act out gravity. Laughter was part of space that day. And it filled some of the weak parts of my heart with strength, once more.
Thirty nine
I have a wifey here in Guyana. She is the type of woman that when you describe her to your friends mostly you can just smile and nod but don’t even know where to start, so you just hope that people will understand the amazingness behind the shine she puts in your eyes. She is the most thankful reason I have for Guyana. We cook together, and talk together and workout together and do the day to day living together..anything and everything….. She has stolen pieces of my friendship heart that I know I will never get back, and I know I will never want to give to anyone else. One of my favorites nights with her was when It was a group of 5 of us on a Thursday and a bottle of Rum with a blackout. We sat outside on my picnic table and took in the breeze and played cards by candle light. We talked and laughed and drank and were merry. Soon 5 became just us two and there we were, like usual, talking about work and play and relationships. We talked about extreme people and the addiction to them. We talked about how lucky we were. We talked about how thankful we were. And then the statement came. The statement that I will never forget because it made me experience true and honest trust. “If anything happens to Jason or I, would you take care of our kids?” And with that all I needed was one deep breath and a smile and calmness took over, something I hadn’t really truly felt in years. TO feel known by someone and loved by someone and trusted by someone gives you a type of feeling that is hard to experience in anyother way. And even though the topic of discussion was not my favorite..\.it still marks a special spark in my eyes for the love I have for her and for them and for the belief in truly knowing someone and loving them for exactly who they are. What a quality to have…but she has that. She is a special and rare find. My Guyana wifey.

No comments:

Post a Comment