If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Infestations cant stop me

I spent the last night killing approximately 95 beetles( by spiking them like volleyballs) and 7000 ants that have attacked my house because of the rain..cockroaches were all up in my bed....and trying to cook dinner was harder because I kept getting bitch slapped by flying insects…. yummmy

Cooking dinner infact is a new adventure for me. Using a gas stove is quite a trip because
A. i didn’t know how to hook it up at first so gas leaked everywhere. I was nervous I was gonna blow myself up and
B.I bought crappy matches so it takes me about 9 to get it to light and
C. every time I go to light it I’m afraid I’m gonna light my hand on fire
= it’s a fun game that I recommend everyone try at least once. 

OHhhh Guyana…..

So I have the rest of this week off to go explore the city!!!..New Amsterdam isn’t too big to get around in a day and there are always people out and about.
As I was walking down Strand Street today however, I got spanked by a 70 year old woman with 6 teeth….literally she wound up and palmgrasped my ass….that was not part of integration I thought to myself as it was happening ..but what can you do?

On Easter Sunday Kirsten and I woke up and planted eggs for the kids upstairs to find! It was something they have never done, and it was sooo cool to play the Easter bunny for once!
Then at night I got to go to a amateur body building competition!!!! It was the most hilarious thing I have done here so far...totally took my mind off of not being at home....and not gonna lie, I have never seen so many grown ass men in baby oil!!! Delicious!
. One looked like Frankenstein.. and their faces were priceless with every new pose. One guys theme song was a track from the lion king. It rocked my world...although i think aladdin
"magic carpet ride" could have been better choice…should have told him that, but his bulging biceps were a bit intimidating.

Yesterday I got to fly my spiderman kite. best purchase ever when waiting 25 minutes to cross the bridge…it was either that or a steering wheel cover…tough decision.

Speaking of purchases… I went to buy a rope for putting up my hammock. I wasn’t sure how much I would need so I asked for a few yards....but low and behold in Guyana you can only buy rope by the pound....and just so you know, it only takes 1 pound to hang a hammock and still have some left over :)

Peace, Love and Rope by the pound!!

1 comment: