If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Friday, October 8, 2010

One day at a time...............

Things change..and they change fast.
In the past weeks I have lost my grandmother.Called social services. Stayed in Air conditioning. Experienced 9 blackouts. Fell in love with a puppy. Learned 18 new signs. Missed my family. Taught a kid how to write the first letter of his name. Fell in a pothole. Wrote a grant. Finished the first workshop for module one of the Inclusion program. Visited two schools. Taught a child her first sign. Been attacked by ants in my bed. Been bitten by sand flies. Gave countless high fives to kids that deserve the world.contemplated being here. Lived off of 2 U.S. dollars for three days. Cried. Laughed. wrote lots of letters. Missed my grandmas funeral. Skyped friends and family. Read Shantaram(one fantastic book). Felt like i was going to die in the heat. Had a pina colada.

and Hung up the schools first "Mural"

Really I just took tons of pictures and then had kids create a welcome sign. As i put it up all i saw were the childrens smiles and pointing and giggling and it was by far my most favorite moment of the past two weeks.
Just a daily reminder that it doesn't matter where you are in the world...there is beauty and happiness everywhere.

Peace, Love, and Changes!

1 comment:

  1. Jillian, I'm so sorry for your loss, what a thing to get through 1000 miles from home...

    ReplyDelete