If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Peace Love and the Lasts

Remember your firsts?

Its funny how quickly the firsts become part of a daily life norm. Getting on and off a minibus, going to the market, sweating during breakfast, sweating in your shower..even though the water is cold, sleeping under a mosquito net, stepping on cockroaches, finding patience in a blackout and walking for an hour just because you can't afford to pay the 50 cent car ride. Firsts, are now my life, and having them become my lasts here in Guyana have been a bit of a shipwreck of emotions...a kaiter waterfall kind of feeling. I've been so lucky these last two years....and frustrated and happy.

I've extended for a month but that doesn't mean my lasts are getting any easier.I'll be home in May..but i'll also be leaving home in May. Many more firsts to be experienced...Many more lasts to happen.

1 comment: