If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Home...I'm coming for you...

This post was originally written a day before returning. Home, I'm coming for you. For your smells, for your food, for your people. And while I can't wait, I'm sitting here in heartbreak as I had to say goodbye to my other home,smells,foods,people. Saying goodbye...there is really never a good time or way to do so. What i've realized is its just a simple way the world teaches you that its okay to continue on..with the memories and feelings of a place and friends, family and love. It's hard to leave.It's hard to think about leaving. But when the day is coming near, and only a few hours I am from a flight leaving this land,I think to myself,that this goodbye, this separation, is only in distance. I'll carry you with me Guyana, the life lessons you taught me, the struggles you brought me through, the happiness and utter contentment of a life living day to day. And so here I am waiting, to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment