If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Its one of those moments in life, when you just think, "Really? this is my life!!?"

So I was talking to my neighbor Cita on a dirt side street, when a pregnant cow started making all sorts of noises.
I told her that it didn't seem very happy, and she said,"It's not, when I say go, run as fast as you can!", I froze for a second,being from Sconnie and all, but then put my game face on, and the minute she yelled "GO!" I booked it.

The cow started chasing me, I started screaming and flailing about, but made my way home safely.Close call.

Anywho....I am feeling better after having that punk, Dengue, in my life. Went to the Alpha House Orphanage on Monday for the first time in a week, Man i missed those kids!!!They are my favorite part of Guyana.

Then I got to see my students, they are also my favorite part of Guyana, and we went on "tour" aka a field-trip to the water plant on Tuesday! Most of the information went right over their heads, but it was very educational and fun for the kids to see!!!
The entire field trip cost $20 U.S., Unfortunately some kids couldn't afford the 50 cent fee and stayed home. I didn't know this of course until the day of, and so they didn't go. It makes me sad to think of it..especially because I could have saved some of the money I make in a month so they didn't have to miss out on this opportunity.

:(

On another note...School Ends July 2! A day before my 24th birthday...happy birthday tooo meee!!!! I'll be teaching a Life Skills course with another volunteer this summer, as well as doing in home autism therapy for 2 of my kids at the school. This is a new idea for Guyana, they do not have access to in-home care, so I'm really excited to work with the families and test it out!!!!!

ohhhh and shout out to my daddio! he turned the big 6-0 this month...and is the best pen pal ever! :) owowo LOVE YOU!!!!

Peace, Love and Angry Pregnant Cows!

No comments:

Post a Comment