If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Friday, March 16, 2012

45

Feeling worthy i've realized is a luxury.
Worthy of love, worthy of respect, worthy of happiness, worthy of compassion.
I've been given this belief and because of it have also had the luxury of giving it back. I realize this today, amoung many more hard days of trying and giving and trying to hold on just a bit longer. I realize this today, as I look into his eyes for the 7th time that morning asking him if he knows what it means to be kind. I realize this today as I am called in by a teacher to listen to an issue she is having. I realize this today as I see my friends daughter call out with all sort of attitude to please get her a bag and thank you. I realize this today as I have a conference with a parent talking with her about how important it is to talk with her child. I realize this today as a woman pours out her heart to me about what it means to work for the money she is earning. I realize this today as a man with boyish dreamy eyes asks me how to say i love you in sign language. I realize this today as i walk into my gate and am greeted by a sloppy dirty puppy that has a smile on her face, I realize this today as i get home and would give anything to hear someone from my families voice but it is blackout. I realize this today as I read a card from my sister:
Smile
Frown
walk
talk
sing
jump
cry
dance
laugh
run
with you
i can be
anything.

And you know what. That's exactly why I feel worthy. Because others have taught me how to appreciate and love myself, by loving me. I am so thankful for them, for this luxury. for this life.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to that simple thought: Are you worthy? I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment