If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Charlie



Dear Charlie,
I can’t technically write you a letter because you are a puppy, but my words in my last moments here are all that seem to be strong.
I want to tell you many things, but mostly just wake up and have you jump on my lap and hold you for a while.
I want to thank you for your energy, for your resilience , for your unconditional love.
I want to thank you for greeting me with bright eyes and a spastic body every single time I came home.
I want to pet your tummy that I lover you and hope that you know I didn’t leave you because I didn’t love you.
You are so much of my happiness here.
I’m gonna miss your dirty paws and having your mouth hold my arm.
I’m gonna miss you trying to eat the tiles, the toilet paper, the anything you find.
I’m gonna miss sharing my PB sandwiches with you.
I’m gonna miss you watching and whining when I leave.
You are such a goodie puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment