If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Friday, March 5, 2010

LIfe is a Journey not a Destination

The heat of the sun warms up this land by 6am everyday.= the beginning of sweat production factory aka my body starts!

People are out on the sandy streets, and last week it was especially busy because of the Mashramani Celebration(a nation wide holiday celebrating hard work) !!! For this celebration everyone dances in the streets as a parade makes its way from one town to the next. It reminded me a lot of homecoming in Johnson Creek. All the organizations made a float and they blast music from them, chanting all sorts of funny things. My favorite was the giant penis being pulled by a girl in glitter and spandex. Keep it Classy, Guyana.

This past week I have been in Vreed-En Hoop. I got to see a secondary school (la Ventura)which confirmed my love for education even more. FYI: I am so excited to get my placement, which i should be getting in a few weeks!

On Monday it was time for another holiday!!!! I played phagwah(its a hindu holiday where you pour powder on eachother symbolizing my blood is your blood) but really you just get extremly messy and in my case are stuck with purple/green and yellow hair...and flourscent pink skin. It was sooooooo fun…we drove to Georgetown to this venue and played withabout 300 people…
And for reals..the PRESIDENT OF GUYANA CAME!!

Its crazy how I’ve met the president of the country after being here just a month!!! 


Peace, Love and Celebrating!(with penis floats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment