If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

My smiles are endless here...along with my sweat production=SEXY.

This week I switched from health training to education, which means I got to teach in a school! I went to Sparta Primary on Thursday. The classrooms had chalk boards(and chalk this time) which was helpful in the phonics lesson me and one of the girls taught. We taught ph and f sounds, and at the end I decided to make them say their "favorite f word"- I’m so glad I never said that in my classroom back in Madison.:) and for once i didn’t even mean it to be naughty like that. (my favorite was phalanges by the way..the kids giggled)

After our lesson I was lead outside by the girls and boys to a cement sitting place where the boys serenaded us with songs and the beat of a bucket.The girls couldn’t stop smiling and giggling and pulling on me every which way. They reaffirmed how much I love kids as well as how badly a lot of them need attention. I gave blow kisses to them all as they walked me to the bus as it was time to leave. They waved so hard I thought their arms were going to break off...I told them I would be back next week. I hope that is a promise Ican keep.

In a different part of my world: My host mom saw me naked. I was drying off with my towel as she walked into my room to show me her new bra. We are extremely comfortable with each other, but I don’t think my own mother has saw that much of my skin since I was 5. She stood there as I yelled "hot momma ..my vagina is showing" she apologized and then looked around the room and said “your windows and curtains are open...everyone can see your vagina."

OWOW …good times …
On a positive note I realize how different my point of view on things are getting…Being in a completely different place, and starting a new chapter in your life really challenges you to take on new perspectives. I have a lot more patience and its becoming easier and easier for me to give and give instead of taking. I think I’m settling too, and realizing what kinds of things I want in my future. I wish everyone could have this experience in their lifetime. I am so gracious for these moments.Piece by piece my heart is becoming full, which only makes the fire inside of it burn for more change for this community…these people in my life and this part of the world I am serving.

One more week of training...Then I swear in and move away from the beauty of the Essequibo coast. Life goes by so fast, I don’t want to miss a thing.

Peace, Love and Education!

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing. i'm loving your blog so far, and can't wait to hear more about your experience. love you, and miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about your adventures Jillian. We miss you so much back here. !

    ReplyDelete