If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Living a dream life

I got my placement on Friday!! OWOWO

I'll be in New Amsterdam (region 6-Berbice) working at a special needs school! My main focus will be training teachers on inclusive Education and sign language implementation(as my site packet states) but I am sure it will become much more than that!! Or at least I am hoping!
I am so grateful that I was placed at school and that there are many opportunities in New Amsterdam to do outreach with secondary projects! I hear the mosquitoes are worse in this region...this thought makes my body quiver in fear  I have more scabs than skin at this point..but besides the mosquitoes..New Amsterdam is going to be my home away from home!

On Saturday we went to Lake Mainstay to celebrate with Culture Day. The water was "black" and when you put your foot in it sank about a foot deep in mud/algae/questionable material. We celebrated with food, music and dancing. Heather and I played a game called “lets see how many places we can put hotdogs and take pictures doing it”= the good life!!!

Sunday I did laundry again. It usually takes me about 2 hours to get it all handwashed,screeched if needed, rinsed and hanging. Its my least favorite when the wind blows sand upon my clothes all night long and I have to rewash them….to be honest..i’m not sure if my clothes ever really get clean.

I am pretending to get used to the heat...it would be much easier if I had a brat and spotted cow ;)

I feel as if I am living a dream life these days...and everything seems to be falling in place like it was meant to be.

Peace, Love and Clean Laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment