If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I was Aprils Fool!!!

So I woke up to go barefoot running yesterday morning with one of my friends, Jason, who was in the Bush with me this week. I got back around 6:50am(Jason beat me and was waiting upon my return) to which he greeted me with an urgent, “Steph just called and said the only vehicle for the week is going to be here in 10 mins to take us out, otherwise we are stuck here all weekend!” He asked if I was going to shower..but I had to pack up my stuff and pee so I just scrambled, wiped the sweat off, and piled things in!!
He had to go pay the lady that cooked for us, so he left as I was packing and I waited for him. While waiting I said goodbye to the family that so graciously hosted us, telling them of the change of plans. He still had to get his stuff together, but told me Pierre was in a hurry and I should go wait for him over there. I carried my heavy bags( you know I am not a light packer) over to Stephanie’s house(training manager) and was greeted with a “Hello?” Hey, I said, "Jason just told me we gotta get going, Im sad I don’t get to do the sessions today" She responded with, “What? I didn’t call Jason? Did i? I don’t think so, what are you talking about?! At that very moment Jason walked through the gate with a smirk and a “April Fools!” shout!

awwwwwwwwww Shucks!!!! I cant remember ever being fooled before..and the best part was, I didn’t even realize it was April yet!!!

Owowo, ill be a fool for you April! As long as I can start everyday with a barefoot run in the sand!!

HAPPY April!!


Peace, Love and Foolish-ness!

No comments:

Post a Comment