If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Run to Escape

More of my students are being sexually abused. That was the way my school day ended. We have a social worker coming in now, for a selected few students. There are two brothers that have been getting raped by their brother, their sister is asking them to touch her and they are getting beaten by their mother and brother. AHHHHHHHHHH

I run. To think. To pray. To hope that this situation is solved quickly. Knowing that it wont be makes me run faster. Its hard to escape. And there is no where for them to escape to. I want to take them in. I want to take in every child I have met along this road that has a life experience that is similar. I want to scream. I run. Because I feel helpless, and in most ways I am. I run because my heart is already beating fast from anger and I want to give it another reason. I run to stop myself from crying. I run to find answers. To think of ways the system could work this time. I run because I cant sleep. I run because im afraid to look them in their eyes with nothing to offer. I want to show them love. I run because I know they want to run with me..run away. To a safer place. I run because it feels safe. I want to teach them. I run because I am lucky enough to know that when I am done, I will go home to a place that doesn’t scare me, and that has a bed, and food, and love inside. I run and return and sit. Long after my body has stopped, my mind continues to run.

1 comment:

  1. How sad....how strong you are. I would want to take them all in too. You give them a small bit of hope. Love you.

    ReplyDelete