If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Peace Love and Meaningful Moments

Three
Its Easter Sunday. The sun is shining bright, the clouds are shaped into circuses of animals and things, and kites are filling up the sky like a the God just shook the world like a snow globe and filling it with colors. After 16 hourse of driving I look up to see these kites…and there he is. A stranger, a child I have never met, standing on top of 20 foot pile of sand. His eyes are laughing like my grandpas used to. He is a warrior of kite flyers with his flying high and breezing well. It is blue and wooden; hand made. I bet he made it himself. I didn’t have time to ask, but with his smile bright I couldnt help but stare. He looked down from his high pile and saw me in the bus…with a group of tired adults. He locked eyes with me for a long moment and in that moment I felt as if I were ten again too. With that look he told me to stay young at heart. To not forget the feeling of being young and enjoying the moment. I have to say…I enjoyed this one very much. After a long journey, a childs gaze filling my heart with passion for life and fun, was exactly what I needed. Exactly what should never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment