If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bring on the babies!!

SOOOOO I miss my sisters baby soo mucho that someone offered me their baby….Well it didn’t go down exactly like that, here is the full scoop:
Annie, Jason and Kirsten (other volunteers in my region) all decided to chill in New Amsterdam. For the day….with tacos and a few beers….butt The few beers turned into a few more…and after doing a special Cherokee performance to the “thong song” we decided we needed more…So we went to a nearby rumshop to buy a little more…grande idea in Guyana…heat + alcohol=worst hangovers ever, even if you just have one…anyways..After Jason walked inside to see what the situation is. us girls stayed outside(its not good for a woman to buy booze here) and as we were outside, A woman was sitting outside with her twins and offered to let us hold them, and of course we couldn’t resist…so we started playing with the babies…as Annie and Kirsten were holding them..because we were taking turns..the mom pulled me aside and asked me if I wanted one….Seriously!?!?! ummmm I know I just had a few beers, but is that really what you asked??? I was confused, so I blamed it on my misunderstanding…but… it wasn’t..The woman told me that I could even pick which one I wanted…WOW….I am really excited about being an Auntie…but not sure how I feel about being a mother…to a baby that was offered to me as I was buying beer……Oh Guyana……you have so much to offer me…including babies….

Peace, LOve and Free babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment