If you love life, life will love you right back...

Peace Corps, Guyana!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

ooooode to pumping water

Water is essential to living!....being healthy!....and being CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(which not gonna lie, I haven't been lately....=attractive, i know.

Where I live I pay 500 Guyanese dollars for water each month($2.50 US)
I have a huge black water tank which I pump the water into from the city water lines once every 3 weeks or so. I have to hook up the pipes to the pump, which is OH so fun!! and then flip a few switches to make sure it is pumping into my tank and not my neighbors.
The city water lines are on from 6-8 or 9ish in the morning, and from 6-9 ish at night so those are the time I can pump it. It takes about 2 hours to fill my tank, and depending on my schedule , I usually don’t have enough time to fill it all the way and because it is up so high, I can never see how full it actually is.
Well last Tuesday i pumped for an hour and a half and just assumed it was pretty full.

Lesson learned: Never make assumptions.



It's never good to find that out on a Saturday afternoon at 12 after you just get done working out…thirsty and dirrrtyy...i've never felt so attractive in my life


oh and did I mention that sometimes this water just doesn’t come on? Yeah not so good to find that out on that Saturday evening…...


:) gotta love the simple things in life....i know i'll never take running water in my house for granted ever again.



Peace Love and Running Water!(and the ability to be clean!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Dirty sissy=unhappy sissy. Sorry you are riding dirty. Brush your teeth!

    ReplyDelete